Terms and Conditions of Sale
In principle we deliver according incoterms 2000 delivery mode FOB (free on board). In short this means:
· Goods are cleared for export
· Loaded on Carriers terminal in Seller's country
Please see more about FOB and incoterms in general
Please check our discount page. In short discounts are mutual benefits such as:
· Optimum capacity planning
· Obtaining several plank-widths
· Better planning of logging schedules
· Stable number of (reliable) customers
Order quantity depends on the type of product and destination:
· Decking 20 container: 19m³ ± 10%
· Decking ipe 40 container: 22m³ ± 10%
· Flooring 20 container: 1000m² ± 10% 20 container
See for sq ft amounts below
Variation of ± 10% depends on:
· Specie; some are heavier than others. Check the weight per m³ at our technical chart
· Sizes; especially longer lengths inhibit optimal loading
· Moisture content; the more humid the heavier. When dried, a larger quantity can be shipped, however, what will be gained on the shipping costs, is lost on lead time and drying costs (± 50,00/ m³).
· Before shipping, Roque Valente sends the goods by truck to the port. The truck is a flat fee service and size wise it is 260 wide x 1200 cm long with a maximum of 260cm loading height.
From our experience, clients prefer breakbulk shipment due to handling. When packs arrive they are easily loaded on your truck for its final destination. Unloading containers with heavy packs (up to 5000KG) has always been more problematic. From our experience, damaging is furthermore less likely when shipping breakbulk compared to containerized shipments. Therefore, wherever available, we recommend breakbulk shipment. The following destinations offer breakbulk shipment:
· Offered by seaboardmarine; the Mexican Gulf region, including Caribbean, Houston and Florida
· Offered by grimaldi; Western Europe, including Emden, Hamburg, Tilbury, Antwerp, Le Havre, Bilbao, Lisbon, Casablanca
Small order quantities
Small orders are possible provided that the destination is one of the aforementioned serviced by breakbulk delivery. Amounts may vary starting from 5m³. Mixed species/ products orders available. For more incentives please check our retail site.
Quality is determined by the client and range from prime to 2nd grade according to two different international quality standards:
· Association Technique Internationale des Bois Tropicaux ATIBT
· National Hardwood Lumber Association NHLA
Packaging is also according to clients requirements, see a standard packaging, also possible is special packaging instructions with additional protection and plastic wrapping. Please note that all these requirements are always tradeoff.
Roque Valente SRL has a wide range of products and it goes beyond to name all products. We have our own facilities which means that we are able to produce any size, from any specie at (almost) any time.
However, most common products are ipe decking, barauna decking, cambara decking, tiles, flooring strips, posts, boarding, China- S4S and S2S (as well as rough sawn), Bolivian Oak- moldings, turnery and banisters.
It seems that almost every country has its own type of decking, post, flooring etc., please indicate yours at our design listing.
Sizes and conversions
Bolivia works with sq ft, while our trucks cross Brazil that require m³ certifications, and sales are also most often in m³, while some clients (especially US customers) are used to the sq ft measurement. Here some conversions:
* fbm: foot board measure
click on the picture for a close-up
rough sawn packaging
break bulk decking shipment
barauna paraffin top end protection
truck loading in ports warehouse
product design deck/ antislip
we deliver contractors and retailers at an extremely competitive price a complete set of products!
last but not least: Bolivia is in the lead with the largest extension of natural tropical FSC certified forests worldwide